Thank you for your interest in employment at the San Antonio Symphony. Below are the current open positions. Continue to check-in for future opportunities!
Position Title: Bookkeeping Clerk
Reports To: Accountant
This position performs all bookkeeping functions of the organization; accounts payable, and assists the Accountant and Director of Finance as needed
Education: Associates Degree or higher
Experience: Three – Five years of bookkeeping experience required
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting software preferred. Knowledge of GAAP Rules, high attention to detail, commitment to confidentiality, and Thoroughness.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Biweekly payroll processing including but not limited to recording employee time, entering orchestra overscale earnings, creating new employee records, answering payroll related questions from employees, etc.
- Paying of invoices
- Keeping an updated schedule of reoccurring vendor payments
- Reconcile AP related General Ledger expense accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Ad Hoc projects as assigned by Director of Finance and/or Accountant