SAN ANTONIO SYMPHONY TO CANCEL CONCERTS THROUGH APRIL 25TH
In response to the City of San Antonio and Bexar County’s announcement on Friday, March 13 to cancel or suspend gatherings held in Bexar County over 500 people until March 20 with the possible extension of 30 additional days, the San Antonio Symphony will cancel all public concert and program activity from March 13, 2020 through April 25, 2020. This cancellation by the Symphony is to assure the health and safety of our patrons and slow the spread of COVID-19. The Symphony is fortunate to bring in audiences that span generations, regions, and socio-economic classes, and know this decision is in the best interest of each person in the San Antonio community.
As we continue to evaluate the need to cancel or reschedule concerts and future events, health and safety remain our priority and we will follow the recommendations of public health officials. Corey Cowart, San Antonio Symphony Executive Director, said: “We will always be compliant with the City’s and County’s recommendations for public safety. The true magic of our art form is the shared experience of hundreds or thousands of people joining together for a live concert, from our musicians on stage to our audience in the hall. We hope that our audience and patrons follow recommendations to safeguard their health, and that we all do what we can to support each other during this time.”
What are the options for cancelled San Antonio Symphony concerts?
- Donate your ticket. Your tax-deductible donation today means that the next time you join us at for a concert, the orchestra will be here to share the joy of live music with you once more, as a healthy, vibrant and financially secure organization.
- Exchange your tickets for any future 2019-20 Season Performance. We are happy to exchange your tickets for one of the upcoming 2019–2020 season San Antonio Symphony performances. We understand customers are thinking carefully about purchasing tickets for future performances. To offer increased flexibility, all ticket exchanges are free for performances through June 6, 2020.
- For Subscribers, to increase flexibility around our cancelled performances, we are relaxing our current Exchange Policy that prevents exchanging into a concert in which you already hold tickets.
- Put tickets on account.Unsure what you’d like to exchange into? The Tobin Center Box Office can put your funds on your account for future use as a Gift Voucher.
- Other options. For all other ticketing options, email the Tobin Center Box Office.
For assistance with any of the above ticketing options, email the Tobin Center Box Office at email@example.com
Please be aware that we are responding to a high volume of emails and your inquiry may take longer than normal to answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Current cancelled concerts are:
- March 13th & 14 – Mozart & Ravel
- March 20th – Seductive Spanish Guitar
- April 3rd & 4th – Beethoven Seven
- April 10th & 11th – Beethoven: The Piano Concertos
- April 17th & 18th – Fiesta Pops